Gang Prevention and Intervention Services
Gang Prevention and Intervention – 408.938.6731
• We work with Latino and Vietnamese young men and young women who are identified as gang members or who are at risk of joining a gang.
• The goal of the team is to help youth choose positive alternatives to gang involvement and racial conflict. The team consists of bilingual, bicultural staff members who are knowledgeable about the gang lifestyle.
• Gang Intervention Specialists provide outreach, individual & family support, support groups, and gang intervention, mediation, & crisis response.
Who is eligible?
• Any youth who is identified as a gang member or at risk of joining a gang.
• The target population is Latino and Vietnamese youth between the ages 13 to 18 years old.
Is there a waiting list?
Are there any fees?
What languages are spoken?
What volunteer opportunites are available?
None at this time.
Service sites and hours of operation:
We provide services across San Jose, but focus on Yerba Buena High School, Andrew Hill High School, DelMar High School, Pathfinder High School, James Lick High School, and Silver Creek High School. Our primary office is at 921 S. First Street in San Jose.