Immigration Legal Services
News Updates and Resources
Press Release- January 25, 2017(organized by SIREN)
Executive orders on building a wall at the Mexican border and deportation interior immigration enforcement partnership among federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies were signed by President Trump on January 25, 2017. Local community leaders, advocates, and local government officials came together for a press conference, attended by major and ethnic media outlets, to respond and express the negative effects for these executive actions to the immigrant community. Along with local officials, community leaders, and personal testimonies from immigrants, Jaqueline Copeland-Carson, COO of Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County, spoke about protecting and supporting the most vulnerable members of our community especially refugees and immigrants".
- SCC Office of Immigrant Relations - Know Your Rights Packet
- Know You Right (Video)
- Conozca Sus Derechos (Vídeo)
- Qué debe hacer si la policía, agentes de inmigración o el FBI lo detiene
What to do if asked about immigration status: English
Que hacer si le preguntan acerca de su estatus migratorio: Español
- Plan de protección familiar: tranquilos, informados, preparados, y seguros - TIPS
- Nine Ways to Protect Yourself
- Nueve maneras de protegerse
Attorney Referrals / Referencias de Abogado:
- Immigration Attorneys and Accredited Agencies / Abogados de Inmigración y Agencias Acreditadas
- Family Attorneys / Abogados de Familia
- Hate Crime
- Anti-Muslim Discrimination
- Understanding the changes from the new Administration
- How Can We Assist Immigrants and Refugees?
- ¿Cómo podemos ayudar a los inmigrantes y refugiados?
- Executive Orders