Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County’s provides Adult Day Care at three locations, Wellness Centers at three locations, and Home Care Aide Certificate and Placement Services (HCA).
Our Licensed Adult Day Care Centers at three convenient locations provide respite for family caregivers and a friendly place where seniors who need supervision can spend an enjoyable day! Your older loved one will receive excellent care in a comfortable, safe environment.
Here is what you can expect from our centers:
- Structured daily activities and events to alleviate your worries about your loved one’s sedentary lifestyle
- Memory and physical adaptive exercises for those who exhibit signs of depression, lethargy, and/or reclusiveness so you know what your family members are engaged in while you are at work or away
- We offer therapeutic activities, including pet and music therapy, reminiscing, and sensory and tactile therapy
- We ensure that everyone has one-on-one and group supervision to ensure that clients do not wander off and risk being injured
- All clients receive personal care to help manage medications and daily-living activities
- Medication reminders
- A team specializing in Dementia Care
- We always offer nutritious meals and snacks for all of our seniors
- We provide a friendly homelike environment in a safe and secure space so you can take that needed break from the caregiving you offer your family members
- We even offer live musical performances and entertainers for the enjoyment of our seniors
We also offer support services for caregivers!
- Monthly caregiver workshops in partnership with The Alzheimer’s Association
- Professional guest speakers in the field of aging
- Referrals and resources throughout the senior community
Call one of our centers for more information or to arrange a tour:
Day Break San Jose
St. Francis of Assisi Parish
5111 San Felipe Road
San Jose, CA 95135
CA License #435200841
Day Break Sunnyvale
First United Methodist Church
535 Old San Francisco Road
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
(408) 282-1134 Chinese
CA License #435202021
Senior Wellness Centers
Our Senior Wellness Centers have a variety of cultural enrichment, nutrition, health, and psychosocial programs that foster health and wellness for seniors by ensuring that their physical and emotional needs are addressed early to stave off future challenges.
We offer physical activity programs and healthy lifestyle education, as well as community resources and preventative services.
Our robust schedule of activities includes:
- Chair Therapy
- Fall Prevention Classes
- Wellness Education
- Bingo and Social Dance
- Tai Chi
- ESL & Citizenship
- Health Screenings
- Health & Wellness monitoring
- And much more!
Monday through Friday, staff and volunteers prepare and serve an average of 271 hot, nutritious noontime meals per day to seniors so that they can readily access other needed services and socialize within the community. The meals are fresh, appealing, culturally-based, and professionally designed for maximum nutritional value. Our on-site cook follows a monthly menu approved by a nutritionist from SCC to ensure the meals meet 1/3 of the recommended daily nutritional requirements for seniors, to contribute to their health and well-being.
How about some morning coffee? Join us Monday – Friday from 9 am – 10 am.
Feel free to join us for Lunch! We serve hot, nutritious meals to seniors (age 60+) five days a week in a social environment at our two senior centers (Eastside Neighborhood Center and John XXIII Multiservice Center) Monday – Friday from 11:15 am – 12:15 pm.
Our Brown Bag program is once every other week and we provide market-style fresh food to seniors and families free of charge.
Senior Wellness Center Locations:
Eastside Neighborhood Center
2150 Alum Rock Ave
San Jose, CA 95116
John XXIII Multiservice Center
195 East San Fernando Street
San Jose, CA 95112
Honor home care partnership
Catholic Charities now provides In-Home Care services through a partnership with Honor Home Care, the region’s largest home care services. Honor is an outstanding provider and trusted Catholic Charities partner.
If you need non-medical In Home Care services, please contact:
Chris Braun, Partnership Manager
(609) 760-4250 or (877) 777-5116
Please let Chris know that you were referred by Catholic Charities.