Case Manager - PEI/CSL (2018-50)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Part time - 25 hours per week
Catholic Charities is working closely with the Juvenile Probation Department to provide Educational Services, and Community Service Learning activities to youth on probation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide Case Management Services (can meet with families in the community and/or in the home)
o Assist families with service provider process navigation to ensure service obtainment
o Ensure that all required forms, consents, family plans, legal documentation, etc. are properly completed and kept up to date
o Transfer family and service documentation to electronic data systems as necessary
o Assist youth in completing Community Service Learning Projects informed by the Giving Back curriculum
o Lead class style group discussions with 8 to 10 youth using the Giving Back curriculum
o Maintains a caseload of 20-25 youths.
3. Participate in required trainings and attend PEI team meetings, individual and group supervision, and other agency and division meetings and trainings, as appropriate
6. Attend Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County trainings, meetings, and events as required.
7. Complete all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BA in counseling, psychology, child development or related field
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Bilingual Spanish (Recommended)
• Case Management/Counseling experience in a community based setting;
• Effective verbal and written communication skills;
• Understanding and sensitivity of economic, cultural issues in diverse communities;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Ability to meet deadlines;
• Demonstrated computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, and Internet usage);
• Team oriented with strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Fingerprinting and background check as required by the DOJ and DMV clearance;
• TB test required
PHYSICAL, EMOTIONAL, AND INTELLECTUAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Fast paced, diverse and dynamic environment
• The service is sometimes physical, requiring setting up for events which may require transporting or lifting cumbersome materials, e.g., easels, flip charts, refreshments, brochures, chairs, tables, etc.
• Must be able to report to service site on a regular and reliable basis
• Able to deal with stressful situations
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours, as appropriate, to coordinate and provide services and activities for families during non-traditional hours
• Able to travel between sites and to attend offsite events throughout the county, as appropriate
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must possess a valid California Driver’s license, reliable transportation and current auto insurance
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
FAX RESUME TO: HUMAN RESOURCES, CATHLIC CHARITIES 408-944-0275. INFORMATION ABOUT THE AGENCY IS AVAILABLE ONLINE AT WWW.CATHOLICCHARITIESSCC.ORG
Job Code: 2018-50