Clinician - Behavioral Health Services (2018-47)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Per Diem
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: Serves as the per diem clinician for all behavioral health programs. Provides clinical therapy, clinical consultation, and clinical supervision throughout the Behavioral Health Division. Reviews and co-signs clinical documentation in accordance with Santa Clara County and agency standards. Works with Division Director and Program Managers. This position allows for a flexible schedule and is an excellent opportunity to grow
professionally. Works at the direction of the Division Director to fill in service gaps as necessary. Documentation review and co-signing may be done remotely upon approval of Division Director. Works with interdisciplinary treatment team and reports to the Division Director of Behavioral Health.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Fills in direct client service gaps throughout the division at designated CCSCC locations at the direction of the Division Director.
• Provides consultation, and direct mental health services to clients throughout the division in different programs.
• Reviews and co-signs clinical documentation remotely or at designated CCSCC location. Provides feedback regarding clinical documentation to staff, and she/he will be part of documentation trainings.
• Responsible for client assessments and treatment plans as needed.
• Follows Mental Health Department documentation standards and documents all activities according to program requirements.
• Records services in Electronic Health Record (EHR) system, maintains client files and completes monthly activity reports.
• Assists in assessments and Transformational Care Plans (TCPs) as a licensed signer; performs Mental Status Evaluations and makes Diagnostic Formulations as needed.
• Assists non-licensed staff in developing treatment plans and assessments.
• Performs related work and other duties as required.
Required and Preferred Education and Experience:
• Must be a Licensed PhD or Master’s degree in social work, human services, counseling or other behavioral science for LPHA status must be in good standing with State regulatory board.
• Current experience in Santa Clara County Behavioral Health Services documentation and co-signing standards is required.
• Be able to provide clinical supervision to unlicensed staff.
• Comfort and experience working with low-income adults, children, and transitional youth individuals with mental illness.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Good oral and written English skills.
• Culturally competent communication skills.
• Ability to work well within a team environment.
• Experience with children, youth and older adults a plus.
• Experience with CBT, MI and Seeking Safety a plus.
• Current Santa Clara County Department of Mental Health documentation experience required
• Computer skills, Microsoft Office and web-based application.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds
• Valid California driver’s license and personal automobile.
• Liability insurance according to agency requirements.
• Must be able to pass DOJ clearances upon employment, facilitated by CCSCC.
• Must be able to pass DMV clearance.
• Have an NPI number.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 408-944-0276 attn: HR
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons seeking employment are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Job Code: 2018-47