Kitchen Aide (2015-143)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Per diem
The incumbent in this position is will assist the cook in the preparation of foods for clients of John XXIII Multi-Service Center by utilizing production standards, portion control and standardized recipes. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of Santa Clara County and guided by the philosophy, policies, procedures and standards of Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares food in accordance with standardized recipes.
• Follows cooking schedule to ensure food will be ready at specified times.
• Serves food according to Santa Clara County regulations regarding safe food handling
• Adheres to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines in the storage, handling and preparation of food as well as in the sanitation and maintenance of work area.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Required to be "on-call."
High school diploma desired. Food Safety Certificate (can be obtained through County of SCC)
Experience in food industry preferred but not necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Large-scale food preparation desirable.
• Must work well with others.
• Able to follow directions.
• Ability to implement authorized menus, following strict County nutritional guidelines
• Able to use microwave and steam table.
• Able to portion food on plates.
• Ability to maintain a clean working space.
• Knowledge of safety precautions and procedures in cooking food.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with supervisors, external inspectors, staff and volunteers.
• Health screening and TB test as required by the agency.
• Fingerprint and FBI clearance as required by our agency.
1. Ability to walk, stand or sit for extended periods of time.
2. Able to lift 25 lbs.
3. Ability to assist dependent elders in safe transfers
Industrial Kitchen and Community Dining room settings.
Hours and other conditions:
6 hours/day, ability to work some extended hours.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 408-944-0276
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons seeking employment are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.
Job Code: 2015-143