Program Associate OA (2018-46)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Full Time
Provides administrative, clerical, billing and overall program support to County-funded and insurance-funded clients of the CCSCC Older Adult clients; schedules client appointments; greets and explains services to clients and visitors; enter AWARDS data to open records; enters insurance and other client information to assist with insurance claims; assists with collection and deposit of cash payments; and provides other general assistance to the program manager, finance supervisor and other staff to promote the smooth operations of the programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working under the supervision of the program manager, the Program associate will:
1. Conduct data entry and other tasks related to monthly billing upload to SCC ER billing system (Unicare e.g)
2. Address errors or fixes in the billing upload in a timely and correct manner.
3. Do intake of basic insurance, client contact and related information using Awards, or other approved databases correctly and in a timely manner.
4. Assist finance and billing supervisor with the timely entry of insurance and other client data
5. Upload client information in a timely and correct manner in to the client Electronic Records database such as AWARDS and other designated databases.
6. Help verify client insurance eligibility and facilitate any pre-approvals with the finance/billing supervisor.
7. Assist with Agency, Santa Clara County Audits-including Behavioral Health and Medication audit by entering and gathering needed information in a timely and correct manner.
8. Assign patients to their scheduled team providers.
9. Generally assist with client communications via phone calls, texts or other tools with appointments, appointment reminders, and Program changes.
10. Assist program manager by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences.
11. Administrative assistance to team members, including photocopying, ordering supplies, and related clerical activities as requested by management.
12. Process expense reimbursements and vendor payments as needed in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
13. Facilitate IT, Facilities, Security and HR approvals as requested and approved by management.
14. Maintain internal relationships with Agency Departments and Divisions.
15. Manage bi-annual client surveys.
16. Collaborate and coordinate with Case Managers for program walk-in hours and screen and orient clients to services offered.
17. Takes meeting minutes as required.
18. Responsible for maintaining and ordering office supplies.
19. Organize and track incoming referrals from referral sources.
20. Act as a receptionist, greeting clients and other visitors to a welcoming, calm, respectful, orderly, efficient, safe and clean waiting room experience.
21. Coordinate expense reports and purchase orders.
22. Coordinate services through County-billed programs as needed.
SUMMARY OF OTHER DUTIES
1. As needed and assigned assist clients with health insurance enrollment.
2. Attends Team/Division/Agency meetings as required.
3. Attends external program-related meetings.
4. Attends trainings to develop new skills and knowledge.
5. Other responsibilities as assigned to support specific needs.
1. Required knowledge, skills and abilities.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills, especially with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
3. Good problem solving and organizational skills.
4. Attention to details and accuracy.
5. Demonstrated ability to work independently and on a team with diverse backgrounds.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
7. Awards proficiency preferred.
8. Demonstrated computer skills using Microsoft Office.
9. Good working knowledge of Google Apps.
10. Experience with and sensitivity to complex client, community and agency issues and ability to take appropriate action.
11. Maintain client and staff confidentiality.
12. Knowledge of continuous quality improvement practices.
13. Bi-lingual Spanish or other skills preferred.
14. Strong time-management skills.
15. Possess strong commitment, reliability, creativity and flexibility.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL LEVEL
Associates degree or at least 3-years of equivalent experience in an office or administrative position.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities listed is not significant. Because of the need to respond to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
Job Code: 2018-46