Program Manager - Older Adult (2018-9)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Full Time
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: Provides leadership to the FSP OA service provider team that provides integrated mental health treatment for older adults with severe mental health challenges to access medical, educational, social, prevocational/vocational, rehabilitative or other needed community services for eligible individuals. Provides client care back up for team when needed and may carry small case load as needed. Provides basic social services and rehabilitation of the individual clients participating in the program as needed. Works with peer/family mentors to assist the clients in their recovery and management of chronic mental illness, substance use and other chronic disorders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Manages providers team providing services to moderate to seriously mentally ill older adult clients with co-occurring disorders, e.g. mental health, substance use, gambling addiction, and chronic physical health problems.
• Carries a small caseload (4 to 6 clients) as needed.
• Coordinates services with psychiatrist, team members, primary care and specialist physicians, legal representatives/guardians, County Department of Behavioral Health (Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol) staff, and other community services/organizations to assure the individual’s access to services and the service delivery system.
• Assists clients with linkage/referral for issues re: transportation, obtaining housing, health care, and other required/necessary community supports.
• Provides program mental health services to include: intake and continuing assessments, Individual/Group rehabilitation, treatment/transition plan development, crisis intervention services.
• Assists clients in completing applications for services, assistance, ID cards, etc.
• Connects clients with NAMI and other supportive organizations to assist the clients and their families.
• Documents all activities according to program/agency/funder requirements.
• Participates in program audits.
• Participates in program/agency/funder meetings/trainings.
• Other responsibilities as assigned to support specific department/business needs
Required education and experience:
• Licensed LCSW, MFT, Ph.D.
• Able to, or agrees to, provide clinical supervision program and agency staff according to the rules and regulations of the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) when requirements to do so are met.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Computer skills, Windows, Microsoft Office, Web-based applications, Unicare, etc.
• Good oral and written English skills.
• Culturally proficient communication skills.
• Experience with County Mental Health Rehab Option MediCal documentation preferred
• Experience working with Electronic Health Records preferred
• Ability to lift 25 pounds
• Valid California driver’s license and personal automobile
• Liability insurance according to agency requirements
• Must be able to pass DMV clearance
• Have an NPI number
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Job Code: 2018-9