Employment Representative (2018-66)
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: As a member of the Focus For Work team, develop business linkages, including On the Job Training development, employer networking and the development of relationships with large employers for potential employment opportunities for consumers referred by Dept. of Rehabilitation (DOR) and Right Directions Program (RDP) for Hi-risk reentry adults. Job develop for job openings and employment training opportunities and refer clients for interviews and placement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Use appropriate marketing and selling methods to reach employers.
* Explore and develop job opportunities, which take advantage of consumer’s strengths and abilities, and are consistent with the Individual Plan of Employment.
* Arrange employment interviews for DOR/RDP consumers and transport as needed.
* Develop and maintain visible position in the business community. i.e.; trade association meetings, professional networking for the future benefit of consumers.
* Build sustainable relationships with current and potential employers through a range of sales and marketing initiatives (telephone, field visits, job fairs, direct mail, presentations, marketing materials, social networking, etc.)
* Manage time and performance by meeting and documenting weekly/ monthly targets for prospecting calls, new employer appointments, job starts, verifications and follow-ups with existing employers.
* Serve as liaison between Focus For Work and the employer of DOR/RDP consumers.
* Adherence to all legal and ethical standards of the profession, especially those regarding DOR consumer safety, confidentiality, and record keeping.
* Transport DOR/RDP consumers as needed.
* Reinforce and counsel DOR/RDP consumers in the use of appropriate work skills and habits such as grooming, job behavior, and communications with co-workers.
* Maintain files on DOR/RDP consumers, employers, and job listings.
* Develop On the job training contracts for DOR clients.
SUMMARY OF OTHER JOB DUTIES:
* Provide all paperwork and services as outlined in Department of Rehabilitation Case Service Contract, Santa Clara County Mental Health Agreement according to Commission On Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities standards.
* Coordinates rehabilitation delivery with social service agencies.
* Complete intake documents.
* Perform additional vocational services in this contract as assigned by the Program Director
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and on a team.
* Willingness to embrace change.
* Computer skills using windows.
* Confidentiality: Job requires and adheres to California law regarding Welfare and Institution Code 5328.
* Car and insurance, valid driver's license.
2) Minimum educational level:
* High school
3) Experience required:
* One year experience in job development, marketing, or related field, or comparable experience.
4) Physical Requirements:
· Lifting 2-30 lbs
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.