Activity Assistant - Adult Day Care (2019-29)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Status: Per Diem
POSITION SUMMARY: This position promotes, supports, and facilitates effective service delivery for the dependent seniors at a State Licensed Adult Day Care facility in Sunnyvale.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide direct care and supervision of Adult Day Care Center clients; assist clients in daily activities such as hygiene [including taking participants to the restroom], meals and ambulation.
2. Offer companionship and reassurance to clients.
3. Encourage client involvement in social, recreational, health promotion, and cognitive stimulation activities.
4. Lead and participate in activities along with clients; conduct small group activities and exercises.
5. Document client participation, health status, etc. on a daily basis.
6. Maintain clients’ self-respect and dignity, keeping personal matters confidential.
7. Promote a warm, friendly, and safe program environment for the clients.
8. Support other staff members and volunteers on the program floor.
9. Assist with inventory, maintenance, and storage of program equipment and supplies.
10. Inform Program Supervisor of any client problems or suspected physical abuse.
11. Assist in operating and maintaining facility within state licensing standards and requirements and duties as needed.
Equivalent education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the job may be considered.
Education: High school diploma required. Associate’s Degree in Recreational Therapy, Human Resources, Occupational Therapy, Nursing, Psychology, Social Work or related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum one year’s experience in direct care, experience in customer service, experience working with seniors.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. English required, Cantonese or Mandarin a Plus.
2. Excellent organizational skills / Ability to multi-task
3. Strong interpersonal skills
4. Ability to work effectively with senior management, staff and volunteers
5. Comfort with high degree of confidentiality
6. Health screening and TB test as required by state licensing
7. Fingerprint and FBI clearance as required by state licensing.
8. Minimum of 8 hours a year of documented training as required by state licensing.
1. Access to reliable transportation.
2. Ability to walk, stand or sit for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to assist dependent elders in safe transfers
Office and community settings.
Hours and other conditions:
5 hours a day, Monday through Friday
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume to email@example.com or via fax to 408-944-0276
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons seeking employment are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.