BIA Accredited Representative (2018-79)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Full Time
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: As a member of the Immigration Legal Services Program, the USCIS Accredited Representative assists clients obtain immigration benefits and different immigration status, and provide representation before the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).
1. Provides information regarding immigration benefits and citizenship laws, the appropriate federal and state regulations, federal immigration procedures, forms and fees.
2. Provide legal representation to clients before the USCIS.
3. Assess immigration needs of clients and determines eligibility for available immigration remedies.
4. Prepares applications, petitions and forms as required by law within the jurisdiction of the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) and US consulates.
5. Signs G-28’s.
6. Reviews applications prior to submission to USCIS.
7. Maintains accurate, complete and confidential case files.
8. Provides referral to other community agencies.
9. Prepares and submits program reports in a timely manner.
10. Studies and analyzes immigration laws and regulations.
11. Conducts outreach activities and participate in advocacy efforts
12. Perform duties as assigned or approved by the program director.
13. Performs office duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
1. College graduate or equivalent experience.
2. Previous immigration law and procedure experience and training
3. Ability to understand, analyze, and interpret immigration laws and regulations.
4. Bilingual English/Spanish
5. Ability to maintain good working relationships with culturally diverse staff and clients.
6. Computer literate in Windows/PC
7. Provide own transportation with adequate insurance and driver’s license.
8. Work in Gilroy and Zanker office
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.