Case Manager - Focus For Work (2019-35)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Full Time
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: Provides case management, individual rehabilitation, group rehabilitation, to assist mental health, substance abuse and dual diagnosis MH clients. Assists clients to access medical, educational, social, prevocational, vocational, rehabilitative or other needed community services for eligible individuals. Provides crisis intervention services for clients in various situations. Works with interdisciplinary treatment team to assist the clients in their recovery and management of chronic mental illness, substance use, chronic health disorders. In the spirit of the program, a positive attitude and willingness to “do whatever it takes” to assists the client in accomplishing his/her goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Manages a caseload of 20 to 25 seriously mentally ill and/or dually diagnosed MH clients with co-occurring disorders, e.g. substance use, physical health problems.
* Assists clients in developing treatment plans and follow through.
* Coordinates services with county mental service team members, primary care and specialist physicians, legal representatives/guardians, Depts. of Mental Health and Alcohol and Drugs staff, to assure the individual’s access to employment and rehabilitative services, and the service delivery system.
* Assists clients in linkage to obtaining housing, financial assistance, health care and other community supports in order to reduce barriers to employment and stabilize mental health.
* Provides crisis intervention.
* Provides program mental health services to include: intake and continuing assessments, Individual/Group rehabilitation, treatment/transition plan development, crisis intervention services.
* Assists clients in completing applications for services, assistance, ID cards, etc.
* Connects clients with NAMI, AA, NA and other supportive organizations to assist the clients in their recovery.
* Participates in a team environment to provide client support.
* Follows Mental Health Department documentation standards and documents all activities according to program requirements.
* Records services in Electronic Health Record (EHR) system, maintains client files and completes monthly activity reports.
* Performs related work, as required.
Required and Preferred Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree preferred in social work, human services, counseling or other behavioral science.
* Alternative Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, counseling or other behavioral science and three years experience with demonstrated counseling skills
in the field with mental health and or addicted individuals
* Ability to work with diverse populations.
* Good oral and written English skills.
* If an individual is in recovery, five-six years of sustained recovery is required.
* Culturally competent communication skills.
* Ability to work well within a team environment.
* Experience with the County Mental Health system a plus.
* Santa Clara County Department of Mental Health documentation experience preferred.
* Computer skills, Microsoft Office and web-based application.
* Ability to lift 25 pounds
* Valid California driver’s license and personal automobile
* Liability insurance according to agency requirements
* Must be able to pass DOJ clearances upon employment, facilitated by CCSCC.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 408-944-0276 attn: HR
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons seeking employment are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.