Case Manager II (FMCI) (2019-108)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Full time
Catholic Charities School Link Services Contract with SS A to provide academic and social development intervention to elementary and middle school students. Students and Families First Contract will provide home visitation with resources and information, after-school intervention services for youth, and inter-connected parenting workshops.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide Case Management Services (meets with families in the community and/or in the home)
o Researches and has a working knowledge of community resources
o Provides needs assessment to address through linkage and case management services
o Assists and links families to needed internal and external resources to promote overall well-being and improved mental health
o Assist families with service provider process navigation to ensure service obtainment
o Ensure that all required forms, consents, family plans, legal documentation, etc. are properly completed and kept up to date
o Transfer family and service documentation to electronic data systems as necessary
o Meet scope of work for contact including home visits, parent workshops, and skillstreaming groups
2. Provide Rehabilitation Services
3 Provide one-on one rehabilitation services to assist youths in learning and implementing new skills to improve their attendance
4 Provides parent workshops to train and educate parents/caregivers in supporting their youth’s mental health.
5 Provide skill streaming groups to youth at school sites 3 days a week
6. Participate in required trainings and collect data for contract reporting
7 Attend Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County trainings, meetings, and events as required.
8. Complete all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
● BA in counseling, psychology, child development or related field
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
● Bilingual Spanish (Recommended)
● Case Management/Counseling experience in a community based setting;
● Effective verbal and written communication skills;
● Understanding and sensitivity of economic, cultural issues in diverse communities;
● Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
● Ability to meet deadlines;
● Demonstrated computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, and Internet usage);
● Team oriented with strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
● Fingerprinting and background check as required by the DOJ and DMV clearance;
● TB test required
PHYSICAL, EMOTIONAL, AND INTELLECTUAL REQUIREMENTS:
● Fast paced, diverse and dynamic environment
● The service is sometimes physical, requiring setting up for events which may require transporting or lifting cumbersome materials, e.g., easels, flip charts, refreshments, brochures, chairs, tables, etc.
● Must be able to report to service site on a regular and reliable basis
● Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours, as appropriate, to coordinate and provide services and activities for families during non-traditional hours
● Able to travel between sites and to attend offsite events throughout the county, as appropriate
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS:
● Must possess a valid California Driver’s license, reliable transportation and current auto insurance
● Must be at least 18 years of age
● Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
FAX RESUME TO: HUMAN RESOURCES, CATHOLIC CHARITIES 408-944-0276. INFORMATION ABOUT THE AGENCY IS AVAILABLE ONLINE AT WWW.CATHOLICCHARITIESSCC.ORG
OR Submit resume to email@example.com