Case Manager - Kinship Resource Center (2019-24)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Temporary Full Time
The Kinship Resource Center (KRC) Case Manager’s activities will focus on providing support and to ensure that non-court dependent Kinship families have access to needed resources in order to support stability and permanency. The Case Manager will use a variety of strategies to engage and support Kinship families in Santa Clara County, including but not limited to: case management, home visits and/or office appointments, community outreach, support and educational group functions, and recreational activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Case Management: Maintain a caseload of 15-20 relative caregivers providing case management and other direct services, including the following functions: assess client & family needs, collaborate with caregivers to set goals and create service plans, educate caregiver about service options and available resources, provide services in home/office/or other community locations, empower clients to problem solve and advocate for themselves, and transition caregivers from intensive case management to low level services to prepare for program discharge.
Support Group Facilitation: Co-facilitate monthly support groups/workshops; lead and facilitate focused group discussions; create group/workshop agenda; prepare handouts and other materials prior to group/workshop; record questions or themes that arise during group meetings; moderate sharing during group discussion to keep the group within appropriate limits; arrange speakers/presenters for the group as needed; maintain support group/workshop logs to ensure clients sign in; promote groups/workshops with program approved flyers; outreach to clients by phone to invite them to groups; confirm meal pick up;
Outreach: Work with Program Manager to support outreach projects in Santa Clara County to promote program services and maintain positive collaborative relationships with community partners, including participation in community events, roundtables, relevant community meetings, hosting resource tables, program presentations to other community based organizations and other Catholic Charities’ programs.
Service Documentation and Evaluation: Responsible for maintaining accurate client records as required by grant contracts; enter client information in AWARDS database; complete required client paperwork within program timelines; communicate and collaborate with program and agency staff;
* Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Sociology, Human Development or a related field preferred
* A minimum of 1 year of related work experience
* Must have a valid driver's license for the agency state of operation or surrounding area with appropriate auto insurance.
* First Aid and CPR certified (preferred)
* Ability to work some evenings and weekends
* Ability to travel, primarily in Santa Clara County to conduct home visits, attend trainings/conferences, and meetings
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
* Stellar organization and attention to detail.
* Experience conducting community outreach
* Flexible work style, positive attitude, and commitment to teamwork.
* Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
* May require the ability to lift up to 20 pounds
* Clearance of fingerprint background check (LiveScan)
* TB test required
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.