Case Manager/Home Visitation (2019-42)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Full Time
The Baby Steps Program serves pregnant women and other parents/caregivers of children ages 0-3. The program promotes child social-emotional and developmental growth & parental resilience and social/community connection. The program consists of two services: Baby Steps Home Visitation Services and the Just-Us Caregiver-Child Play Groups.
The home visitor role focuses on three core areas of support: development screening and guidance, parent support and coaching, case management and linkage to community. The aim of the home visitor is to strengthen the parent-child bond through developmental guidance, psycho-education and guided parent-child interactions; assists caregivers to combat stress and learn healthy coping and self-care skills; assists clients with daily life needs through case management; conduct developmental screening and support each young child’s social-emotional, language, motor, sensory and cognitive development; and conduct parental screening and support for maternal depression/anxiety, parental stress, social isolation and impact of adverse experiences such as incarceration, homelessnes, poverty, and chronic stress.
This is a full-time, hourly position. Bi-lingual Spanish/English REQUIRED.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Deliver services through a culturally sensitive, relationship-based, development-informed, caregiver/child and reflective practice model
* Provide in-home support to young children and their caregivers on a weekly basis
* Facilitate attachment and developmental-focused caregiver-child parenting groups.
* Develop group curriculum
* Conduct regular and ongoing community outreach and client recruitment efforts in order to maintain funding-required caseload and activity levels
* Engage with and support individual client and family goals and needs in coordination with other agencies including, but not limited to, the San Andreas Regional Center (SARC), Santa Clara County Office of Education (SCCOE), FIRST 5, and other community organizations
* Comfort in working with communities, workgroups and families with diverse economic, social, racial and cultural backgrounds
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date client electronic records and complete program-required documentation, assessments, service planning and monthly reporting
* Participate in weekly individual and group reflective supervision
* Attend required program and agency meetings and trainings
* Be flexible to work evenings as needed for groups and Agency functions
* Other duties as assigned
* Early childhood development and behavior, including foundations of infant-family early childhood mental health
* Core principals of Brazelton’s Touchpoints Model
* Infant and Family Early Childhood Mental Health (IFECMH) knowledge domains and requirements for endorsement.
* Advocacy and outreach strategies
* Trauma-informed practices
* Child abuse reporting mandates
* FIRST 5 System of Care
* Local community resources
* Associate Degree in a Related Field (Psychology, Child Development, Sociology, etc.) Bachelor Degree (preferred)
* At least 1 year experience working as a home visitor or case manager with families of young children
* Experience and appreciation of working in diverse communities
* Valid CA driver’s license, proof of insurance and good driving record
* Ability to pass a Live Scan clearance