CORAL Program Manager (2019-74)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Full Time
Overview of Program History:
The CORAL after school program has achieved a decade of success with increased literacy rates and a reduction in the achievement gap for tens of thousands of at-risk students in San Jose’s highest poverty and lowest performing schools. CORAL utilizes a research-based, education pathway strategy that is holistic, targeted and consistent—charting progress from pre-K through middle school—and making a difference in 2,000 young lives each day.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Oversee daily operations at CORAL school sites and other related Catholic Charities expanded learning programs.
* Participate in on going mentoring and coaching of Site Managers and CORAL After School Instructors (CASI’s).
* Provide site-specific training to ensure a consistent, high-quality approach to program content and delivery.
* Work with Director of Curriculum at the schools districts level to ensure high-quality balanced literacy programming.
* Work with Program Director to develop methods, procedures, and systems to ensure the consistent delivery of high-quality programming at the school sites.
* Oversee implementation of all program evaluation and assessment processes and tools; prepare and analyze the results of parent and students surveys and participate in other program needs assessment activities, as appropriate.
* Participate in the development of appropriate policies and procedures for school sites, including safety protocols.
* Maintain and update the Site Manager and CASI manual
* Maintain on-going data collection and reporting forms for all scheduled activities.
* Oversee the recruitment, hiring, and training of new school site personnel.
* Manage and supervise all CASI Subs
* Ensure that all operations of program comply with legal, personnel, and security requirements.
* Ensure the integrity of all systems, including data base system.
* Implement a commitment to continuous quality improvement, working collaboratively with all CORAL staff and administration.
* Work collaboratively with community-based organizations to ensure high quality enrichment programming.
* Support the evaluation process, working closely with Program Director, schools, and districts.
* Maintain collaborative relationships with school district personnel, principals and teachers.
* Work weekends and evenings, as appropriate, to coordinate, provide and assist in implementation of services and activities for families during non-traditional hours.
* Attend Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County trainings, meetings, and events as required.
* May be required to perform other related duties.
* Three years of job-related management and supervisory experience with demonstrated competence in school readiness programs and services.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Common Core and balanced literacy approach to reading.
* Knowledge of school base budgeting.
* Demonstrated ability to build consensus, use collaboration models effectively, be creative and think independently.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Experience and ability to work with diverse workgroups and serve families with diverse economic, social and cultural backgrounds.
* Knowledge of community agencies and resources.
* Proficient reading, writing, and presentation skills.
* Ability to establish and maintain personal and programmatic boundaries while providing supportive services.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to individuals who may not share basic commonality, including value systems and behavior norms.
* Demonstrate good writing and organizational skills.
* Maintain a professional, confidential work environment.
* Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and multi-task.
* Serve effectively as a member of a team internally and externally.
* Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
* Knowledge of modern office methods and practices, including filing systems, business, correspondence, presentations and report writing.
* Knowledge of the Internet, computer programs, e.g., Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point, Excel, etc.
* Able to work in a fast paced environment
* Bilingual English/Spanish, English/Vietnamese, and/or other language a plus.
* Able to travel between sites and to offsite events throughout the county, as appropriate.
* Local travel required.
* Automobile, California driver’s license and auto insurance as required by the State of California. Employment background screening, including fingerprint clearance, required.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours, as appropriate, to coordinate and provide services and activities for families during non-traditional hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language; bilingual preferred,
* Ability to work with diverse workgroups and serve families with diverse economic, social, racial, and cultural backgrounds,
* Knowledgeable about local community resources,
* Demonstrate strong coordination, organizational, and time management skills,
* Maintain a professional and confidential work environment,
* Knowledge of child development and behavior,
* Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and multi-task,
* Serve effectively as a member of a team internally and externally,
* Experience working with community members from diverse ethnic, social, and economic backgrounds, with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate,
* Be flexible, proactive, adaptable, and able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment,
* Knowledge of computer programs and internet (i.e., Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point, Excel).
* Act in alignment with agency values of service, justice and compassion
Academic and Experience Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution or equivalent experience, training and competence in early care and education is a plus, and
* Three years of job-related experience with demonstrated competence in school readiness programs and services; knowledge of culturally diverse populations and their needs;
* At least two years of management experience
* Must be at least 18 years of age,
* Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident,
* Clearance of fingerprint background check,
* Must have valid TB (Tuberculosis) screening, and
* Applicants must be able to work a flexible schedule (i.e. late nights & weekends) with support from direct program manager.
Physical, Emotional and Intellectual Demands:
* Fast paced, diverse and dynamic environment,
* The work is sometimes physical, requiring setting up for events which may require transporting or lifting cumbersome materials (i.e., easels, flip charts, refreshments, brochures, chairs, tables),
* Must be able to report to service site on a regular and reliable basis,
* Able to deal with stressful situations, uncertainties, change with a positive lense and
* Able to travel between sites and to offsite events throughout the county, as appropriate
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Works inside & outside including motor vehicle travel between sites.
To Apply: Please submit resume to email@example.com or via fax to 408-944-0276 attn: HR
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons seeking employment are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.