Employment Representative/Job Developer (2019-64)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Full Time
As a member of the Right Directions Team, develop business linkages, including On the Job Training development, employer networking and the development of relationships with employers for potential employment opportunities for Hi-risk reentry adults. Job develop for job openings and employment training opportunities and refer clients for interviews and placement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Use appropriate marketing and selling methods to reach employers.
2. Explore and develop job opportunities, which take advantage of client’s strengths and abilities, and are consistent with the ISP.
3. Work with Peer mentor in supporting clients in their employment efforts.
4. Provide Employment Prep sessions In custody in the Main Jail and Elmwood
5. Arrange employment interviews for program participants and transport as needed.
6. Develop and maintain visible position in the business community. i.e.; trade association meetings, professional networking for the future benefit of program participants.
7. Build sustainable relationships with current and potential employers through a range of sales and marketing initiatives (telephone, field visits, job fairs, direct mail, presentations, marketing materials, social networking, etc.)
8. Manage time and performance by meeting and documenting weekly/ monthly targets for prospecting calls, new employer appointments, job starts, verifications and follow-ups with existing employers.
9. Reinforce and counsel reentry clients in the use of appropriate work skills and habits such as grooming, job behavior, and communications with co-workers.
10. Maintain and document client progress in files and in AWARDS and maintain employers, and job listings.
11. Transport program participants as needed.
12. Perform additional vocational services in this contract as assigned by the Program Director.
13. Adherence to all legal and ethical standards of the profession, especially those regarding client safety, and confidentiality, and record keeping.
SUMMARY OF OTHER JOB DUTIES:
Reinforce and counsel clients on the use of appropriate work skills and habits such as grooming, job behavior and communication with co-workers.
Complete intake documents.
Perform additional vocational services in this contract as assigned by the Program Director
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
Demonstrated ability to work independently and on a team.
Willingness to embrace change.
Computer skills using windows.
Confidentiality: Job requires and adheres to California law regarding Welfare and Institution Code 5328.
Car and insurance, valid driver's license.
2) Minimum educational level:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or a related field (or equivalent experience) and/or
3) Experience required:
* 2 years’ experience in job development, marketing, or related field, or comparable experience with reentry population.
4) Physical Requirements:
* Lifting 2-30 lbs
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.