Employment Specialist Intern - Temporary (2018-88)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Temporary, Full Time
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: As a member of the Focus for Work team, provide employment preparation and job coaching to adults with serious mental illness in a team setting. This program is strength based, focused on recovery and supports individuals to reach their highest potential and attain competitive employment as established in their service plans. Support the team in providing direct service to job seekers, to remove and/or overcome barriers, and support job success to the newly hired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Confirm candidates for program admission criteria.
* Collect and assemble data re: client e.g. diagnosis, limitations, employment and health history, substance abuse if needed.
* Confirm client skills and abilities in volunteer placement.
* Work with client, Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) counselor, case manager, to determine client’s employment goal.
* Design, develop and coordinate employment positions in competitive employment settings.
* Supervise and train clients in off-site employment settings.
* Conduct group class in job readiness.
* Adherence to all legal and ethical standards of the profession, with emphasis on client safety, and confidentiality, and record keeping.
* Complete all paperwork required by Department of Mental Health (MH) and DOR.
* Assist in purchasing clothing and/or equipment to assist in employability of client.
* Support and/or train client in employment settings.
* Transport clients as needed.
SUMMARY OF OTHER JOB DUTIES:
* Reinforce and counsel on the use of appropriate work skills and habits such as grooming, job behavior, and communication with co-workers.
* Complete intake and assessment documents.
* Provide all paperwork and services as outlined in Department of Rehabilitation Case Service Contract, Santa Clara County Mental Health Agreement according to Commission On Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities standards.
* Coordinates rehabilitation delivery with social service agencies.
* Perform additional vocational services in this contract as assigned by the Program Director
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and on a team
· Willingness to embrace change
· Computer skills using Windows
· Confidentiality: Job requires and adheres to California law regarding Welfare and Institution Code 5328
. Car Insurance and valid driver’s license.
2) Minimum educational level:
Working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Special Education, Psychology, Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work or Occupational Therapy or related field.
3) Experience required:
Paid or volunteer experience in the educational or counseling of people with Mental Health disabilities.
4) Physical Requirements:
Lifting 2-30 lbs
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.