Executive Assistant - EDS (2019-48)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Full Time
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: Provide high quality administrative support to the Senior Division Director for Economic Development. The position requires executive level administrative and clerical support, including program reporting responsibilities, coordination of office services, and coaching of Division and other agency administrative support personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides administrative and clerical support as needed by the Division Director (DD), including calendaring, file management and email communication. Provides administrative support to specific Division programs as directed.
2. Assists Sr. DD with the preparation and submission of reports, contracts and grants for the Division.
3. Assist Sr. DD in Division planning processes and providing key support to EDS Leadership Development.
4. Oversees and manages the vehicle donation program and processes.
5. Maintains office supplies for Division and monitors quantities for supplies.
6. Schedules space usage for programs for trainings and meetings.
7. Assists with the scheduling and preparation of meetings.
8. Assists with the maintenance client databases and or client information for Division.
9. Responds to inquiries from the community on behalf of the Sr. Division Director. Directs callers to the appropriate program or person for assistance.
10. Assists Sr. DD with miscellaneous tasks (e.g., collecting materials for a meeting, abstracting information from various sources for Director’s use). Process information and disseminate to appropriate managers/programs per instruction of DD.
11. Maintains open and professional communications with agency and Division stakeholders.
12. Prepares invoices and check requests and credit card reporting for Sr.DD.
13. Schedule travel arrangements for Sr. DD.
14. Handle incoming and outgoing mail in behalf of Sr. DD.
15. Assists Sr. Division Director in Strategic Planning and EDS Leadership Development.
16. Assists Sr. Division Director in preparation and submission of grants.
17. Assists Sr. Division Director and Program Directors and Managers in interview scheduling.
SUMMARY OF OTHER JOB DUTIES:
1. Manage office communications: composing letters or memos, maintaining mailing lists, filing.
2. Manage program, grant and contract files.
3. Assists with other support functions for the Division Management Team as assigned.
4. Other responsibilities as assigned to support specific Division needs.
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
* At least five years successfully serving as Executive Assistant or similar capacity.
* Ability to work well under pressure, act independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects; excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Flexibility and willingness to take on new tasks.
* Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Desktop Publishing highly desirable.
* Strong mathematical skills.
* Strong verbal/written English skills; bilingual, preferred.
* Effective interpersonal skills.
* Commitment and support for organizational initiatives.
* Commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities and demonstrated ability to work in an environment that promotes compassion, services and social justice.
Minimum educational level:
* Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
* Ability to sit or stand for periods of time, use a computer, telephone, lift files and other materials in and out of cabinets or storage; stooping, speaking, hearing, seeing.
* Possess the mobility to maneuver throughout the building.
* Use a keyboard and computer terminal, telephone and other office equipment.
* Able to lift up to 20 lbs on an occasional basis.
* Occasional moving of furniture or equipment or office supplies.
* Must be able to transport self between multiple locations.
* Driving for errands and special projects.