Kitchen Aide (2018-74)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: John XXIII Multi-service Center-195 E. San Fernando St. San Jose, CA 95112
Status: Part Time (20hrs/Wk.)
The incumbent in this position is will assist the cook in the preparation of foods for clients of John XXIII Multi-Service Center by utilizing production standards, portion control and standardized recipes. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of Santa Clara County and guided by the philosophy, policies, procedures and standards of Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares food in accordance with standardized recipes.
• Follows cooking schedule to ensure food will be ready at specified times.
• Serves food according to Santa Clara County regulations regarding safe food handling
• Adheres to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines in the storage, handling and preparation of food as well as in the sanitation and maintenance of work area.
• Maintains a clean working area and assist with the organization and maintenance of cooking supplies, storage and cooking area.
• Provides excellent customer service, buy assisting with food service to older adults.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma desired. Food Safety Certificate (can be obtained through County of SCC)
Experience in food industry preferred.
Bilingual: English/Vietnamese and/or English/Chinese, a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Large-scale food preparation desirable.
• Must work well with others.
• Able to follow directions.
• Ability to implement authorized menus, following strict County nutritional guidelines
• Able to use microwave and steam table.
• Able to portion food on plates.
• Ability to maintain a clean working space.
• Knowledge of safety precautions and procedures in cooking food.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with supervisors, external inspectors, staff and volunteers.
• Health screening and TB test as required by the agency.
• Fingerprint and FBI clearance as required by our agency.
* Able to lift 25 lbs.
* Able to use microwave and steam table.
* Able to portion food on plates.
* Able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
* Able to stretch and bend.
* Frequent walking, sitting, talking, and hearing.
Industrial Kitchen and Community Dining room settings.
Position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, and turning, kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping in the performance of daily activities. The position also requires grasping, repetitive hand movement and fine coordination in using a computer keyboard. Additionally, the position requires near and far vision in reading instructions and work related documents. Acute hearing is required when providing personal customer service. The need to lift, drag and push boxes, food items, etc. weighing up to 25 pounds is also required. Some duties require incumbents to work outdoors in various weather conditions. Some of these requirements may be accommodated for otherwise qualified individuals requiring and requesting such accommodation.
Hours and other conditions:
4 hours/day, ability to work some extended hours when required.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and any other required documents to: jobs@CatholicCharitiesSCC.org or fax to 408-944-0276.
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons seeking employment are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.