Nurse Practitioner (2019-122)
Division: Behavioral Health
Status: Part to Full-Time
Program: Behavioral Health Programs as assigned
Location: John XXIII in San Jose
Supervisor: Director Behavioral Health Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide direct psychiatric and medication support services to adult and older adult clients in a team environment. May also provide services to children when, or if division need arises.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides direct medication support services
2. Works in a team environment and consults with staff on client behavior and performance and provides staff training as required.
3. Consults with other staff and external providers, including psychiatrists, physicians, psychotherapists and other authorized professionals, family members or caregivers.
4. Enters progress notes and other data into CCSCC Electronic Records AWARDS.
5. Use all applicable laws and guidelines as required by SCC MHD, Title 22, and MediCare documentation requirements.
6. Comply with SCC Medications Guidelines including laboratory requirements.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Licensed nurse practitioner with a current CA license.
2. Experience providing psychiatric nursing services to adults and older adults.
3. Experience with dual diagnosis
4. Psycho-pharmacological experience including long acting injectable medications
5. Cultural competency skills
6. Automobile and valid CA license
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Certification to provide psychiatric services to children preferred but not required.
2. Bi-lingual skills preferred, e.g. Spanish-English, Mandarin or Vietnamese and English preferred but not required.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 408-944-0200attn: BU
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons seeking employment are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.