Program Assistant II (2019-49)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Full Time
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: As a member of the Behavioral Health Services team, provides administrative and program support for the Program Director. Enters, analyzes data and prepares analytical reports for use by the Program Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Program Assistant for Program Director
1. Provides daily administrative support for the Program Director according to instructions.
2. Organizes files, binders, documentation and correspondence
3. Monitors data entry for Juvenile Probation Department and County Mental Health and quarterly reports from the programs.
4. Gathers resources, documentation and assembles RFP and other responses to proposals to meet production deadlines.
5. Follows-up on designated assignments from the Program Director.
6. Supports Program Staff at Washington United Youth Center
7. Communicates with other Division personnel as requested.
8 Provides necessary secretarial duties and makes travel arrangements as requested.
B. UNICARE and BILLING
1. Under the direction of the Program Director, assists Behavioral Health staff in organizing their data collection and audit processes to fit a Division analysis structure
2. Unicare Data Entry; Register clients, update client information e.g. diagnosis updates, change of providers, demographic date etc.
3. Confirms Medi-Cal eligibility of clients
4. Document insurance eligibility verification in Unicare
5. Runs and Monitors a Service Report in Agency EHR to ensure billable information is accurate.
6. Complete a service balance check between Agency Electronic Health Record Program AWARDS and County system Unicare.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and on a team.
* Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks to achieve designated objectives within deadlines.
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
* Demonstrated computer skills using Microsoft Office, especially ACCESS, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
* Understanding of complex client, community and agency issues and ability to take appropriate action
* Support of implementation of “best practices” and continuous improvement
* Bi-lingual skills, preferred
* Detail oriented
2) Minimum educational level:
* High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred in organizational development, human services or similar services to provide a background for the everyday work in behavioral health services. Administrative and clerical experience
3) Experience required:
* Experience in structuring statistical reports for readability and comprehension
* Experience in understanding medical record documentation
* Administrative and clerical experience
4) Physical Requirements:
* Lifting 2-30 lbs.
* Car, valid CA driver’s license, auto insurance per agency requirements
* Use of a computer for data entry and operation of printer, fax machine, telephone, copier
* Some sitting for extended periods of time
* Lifting and storing of office supplies
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.