Program Supervisor - CalWORKS (2019-16)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Full Time
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: As a member of the Behavioral Health management team, this position performs duty as Program supervisor of the CalWORKS program within the Behavior Health Division. This individual will conduct the supervisory and other responsibilities as delegated to the position by the Division Director including providing individual therapy to up to 12 clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ideally provides individual and group supervision to BBS/ BOP registered interns and is part of the Clinical Supervision and Training Team. Provides clinical training to Behavioral Health staff.
* Provides individual clinical and programmatic supervision
* Facilitates weekly program team meetings
* Ensures compliance with the Program contract and all other regulations, both internally and externally.
* Assists in reviewing AWARDS Electronic Records and is part of the Quality Assurance Team.
* Assist in facilitating the auditing of service records as requested by the Division Director.
* Prepares staff to become licensed mental health professionals.
SUMMARY OF OTHER JOB DUTIES:
* Ensures fulfillment of responsibilities as assigned to support specific department/business needs.
* Participate in Behavioral Health Division Clinical Supervision and Trainings, and Quality Assurance meetings and activities.
* Participates in agency, program, and other meetings as required
* Provides clinical training to BH staff as part of the Learning Academy at least once a year.
* Other duties as assigned.
1) Required and preferred knowledge, skills & abilities:
* Excellent direct service skills
* Excellent supervisorial and training skills
* Working knowledge of Santa Clara County Mental Health contracts
* Working knowledge of the Criminal Justice System, housing resources, CalWORKs and older adult mental health issues
* Knowledge of community culture, attitudes, services and resources
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated computer skills using Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel, and web-based applications.
* Understanding of complex client, community and agency issues and ability to take appropriate action
* Willingness to work with commitment and pride in fulfilling CCSCC’s mission
* Support of implementation of “best practices” and continuous improvement
* Proficient in training and teaching staff
* Flexibility to adjust work hours and assignments
* California driver’s license
2) Minimum educational or other preferences/ requirements:
* Preferred LPHA (LCSW, LMFT), or license eligible
* Preferred Qualified BOP/ BBS supervisor
* Good working knowledge of County contracted mental health services requirements
3) Experience preferred and/ or required:
* Experience in a county contracted mental health program and/or demonstrated knowledge of county mental health service challenges or issues
* Experience in providing direct care in public mental health services
* Teaching and training experience
* Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred
4) Physical Requirements:
* Lifting 25-30 lbs.
* Some sitting for extended periods of time