Quality Assurance Program Supervisor (2018-80)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Full Time
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: Under the direction of the Foster Family Administrator and as a member of Compliance team, supports quality assurance activities for Refugee Foster Care Program contracts, community care licensing and tracking deliverables. Responsible for developing and implementing quality improvement programs and ensuring that the program is compliant with standards set forth by State government, Federal government, licensing, and HIPAA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Assists Foster Family Administrator in Tracking Deliverables and tracking Reporting Timetables from all funding and monitoring sources
* In conjunction with the appropriate managers, create and implement measurable action plans to
address quality issues in various program components to prepare program for monitoring visits and audits
* Develop, monitor and analyze the program’s processes, incl
uding the collection and dissemination of data on clients served, review of client (child/youth, foster parents, staff) charts, program logic models, incident reports, and client satisfaction surveys.
* Develop tools to monitor contracted, external agencies working with program clients and conducts site visits
* Works with IT/Awards to streamline our processes and ensure acccuracy of data
* Investigate client and foster family grievances and make recommendations for action; assists with tracking the completion of audits
* Facilitate and staff Continuous Quality Improvement meetings.
* Facilitate and support the various ad-hoc quality focused committees.
* Communicate strategies to identify and implement quality improvement processes
* Review and revise program policies and procedures and forms in conjunction with Agency’s Compliance Department; Helps to implement and enforce policies and procedures
* Helps with the review and approval of home studies
* Review, recommend and facilitate improvements in clinical and business process procedures.
* Develop and implement an Annual Quality Assurance Plan for the program.
* Develop and distribute the Annual Quality Assurance and Data Report.
* Bachelors degree in human services, public health, law or related field
* Minimum 4 years experience in a non-profit human care organization, and/or coordinating a quality improvement program
* Knowledge of administrative operations in a non-profit organization
* Working knowledge of outcome measurements, quality assurance processes and best practices,
particularly in human care organizations
* Experience with statistics, data collection, and survey design
* Extensive knowledge of CA State child welfare services regulations and Community Care Licensing regulations
* Excellent oral and written English skills; good negotiation and interpersonal skills
* Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
* Good time management and ability to meet deadlines
* Ability to provide leadership to coordinate work activities and build teamwork with others
* Automobile and valid CA driver’s license
* Auto liability coverage according to the agency requirements
* Excellent computers skills: MS Office (all apps)
* Masters degree in related field
* Excellent cross-cultural experience and ability to work well with a diverse population
* Experience working with unaccompanied children in federal custody
* Overseas experience in psychosocial, development, or protection programs
HOURS: 40 hours/week. Hours will be based on client and foster family availability. Program staff may
be required to work at least one Tuesday night per month and at least one Saturday per month.
TRAVEL: Occasional bay area and out of state travel required.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons receiving services in our programs are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.