Resource Specialist - Kinship (2019-52)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Full Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide outreach to court dependent Relative and Non-Relative Extended Family Members caregivers regarding programs and services available.
* As appropriate, provide case management services to DFCS (Department of Family and Children Services) clients such as the following: Needs assessment, goal setting, support during the family’s journey through the placement process and rigorous detailed documentation and file management.
* Knowledge of Family Court, child development, substance abuse recovery, domestic violence, child abuse, conflict resolution, special needs advocacy, and other family issues.
* Strong knowledge of community resources and ability to research additional resources and develop relationships with service providers. This includes developing relationships with staff at DFCS and mental health services.
* Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Comfortable promoting this program internally, to the community on behalf of the caregivers we support, and to caregivers with new placements.
* Ability to co-facilitate a Relative Caregiver Support Group.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to maintain activity logs and case management notes documenting families’ progress in achieving goals.
* Ability to work collaboratively with Behavior Specialist and other team members to coordinate, plan and implement activities for families.
* Attend required trainings and workshops to be well informed on policy and procedures and best practices for serving families.
* Familiarity with Cornell Family Development Model or other strength based models helpful.
* Experience working with Relative and Non-Relative Extended Family Members preferred.
* Experience working with families from various economic and cultural backgrounds. Familiarity with formal and informal community services and support.
* Attend required Catholic Charities’ and Division-wide meetings
* Support Agency/Division fund raising efforts.
* Attend required Catholic Charities’ and Division-wide professional trainings
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Sociology, Human Development or a related field preferred.
* A minimum of 1 year of related work experience required.
* Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese preferred.
* Position requires travel-primarily within Santa Clara County to conduct home visits, attend trainings/conferences, and meetings.
* Ability to use a computer for word processing, internet, email and case management database.
* Demonstrated ability to work in environment that promotes compassion, service and social justice.
* Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed per client’s need
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
* Must possess a valid California Driver’s License, transportation, and current auto insurance
* First Aid and CPR certified, preferred
* May require the ability to lift up to 20 pounds
* Clearance of fingerprint background check (LiveScan)
* TB test required
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons seeking employment are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.