Safety and Security Receptionist (2018-78)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Full Time
CCSCC opened the John XXIII Senior Center (now John XXIII Multi-Service Center) in 1964. John XXIII was the first senior center to be established in Santa Clara County. Located in downtown San Jose, John XXIII originally provided elderly Irish, Latino and Italian immigrants with services and a sense of community. Today, it primarily serves adults and seniors from diverse backgrounds. A variety of wellness, re-entry, mental health, social and educational services are provided at John XXIII to help improve the quality of life for vulnerable adults. CCSCC is hiring a Safety and Security Receptionist to implement general front office responsibilities, customer service, manager facilities systems, and execute safety protocols.
Reporting to CCSCC’s Safety and Security Director and to the Senior Division Director, the Safety and Security Receptionist will be the face of J23 to all clients and visitors at John XXIII. This position will provide quality customer service, check in clients, answer and transfer calls, and direct all visitors at J23. This position will oversee and report on all facility operations and concerns at John XXIII Multi-Service Center including submitting facility requests, incident reports, and guide CCSCC employees at J23 regarding any facility and safety procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Front Office Operations and Safety Oversight: Provide oversight and leadership for the daily use of J23.
2. Work in strong partnership with the senior security officer at J23 and managers.
3. Compliance: Ensure that agency safety and security policies and Injury and Illness Prevention Polices are followed.
4. Building and Grounds: Work with custodial staff to maintain clean and safe facility and grounds. Submit facility work requests. Work with Facilities, San Jose Police Department and any other relevant entity to address issues of vandalism and safety concerns on the property.
5. Standards of Behavior: Establish model and maintain high standards of behavior for all participants and stakeholders. Practice CCSCC’s Core Values.
6. Rentals and Other Facility Use: Manage outside rentals and agency use of CCSCC J23; assure appropriate staffing and security for building usage and event contract & billing.
7. Maintain the Emergency Response Plan (ERP). Understanding, maintaining, and implementing appropriate parts of the plan.
8. Computer Competency. Ability to provide input data, data reports and critical thinking to maintain efficient and effective Agency data system at John XXIII Multi Service Center.
Experience as receptionist and in managing facilities. Experience with working with high vulnerable populations, including seniors, re-entry clients, and behavioral health clients. Ability to work as a member of a team, ability for independent thinking, flexibility, knowledge of common business and nonprofit protocols. Ability to stay calm and deescalate tense situations. Willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment with frequent distractions.
Bi lingual and bi cultural expertise desirable.
AA in human services or related field; computer literacy education desirable.
Professional level English language skills
Security Guard certificate preferred (willing to get certified)
Ability to lift 20 pounds.
Multi service center environment with daily face to face participant contacts to 150 or more people.
Hours and other conditions:
Monday to Friday 8AM to 5PM with occasional evening and weekends.
Non-exempt position, benefited
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.