Social Enterprise Program Coordinator (2019-10)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Part Time, Non-benefitted, 19-24 hours/week
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION
The Social Enterprise Program Coordinator (SEPC) is a highly organized and resourceful professional who will spearhead the development of two growing social enterprises within the Economic Development Services division at Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County. CCSCC’s Car Donation program sprung up 20 year ago out of a need to diversify funding resources that support refugees and immigrants. Today, the Car Donation program converts operating and non-operating cars into a steady stream of revenue that support CCSCC’s programs and mission. We are looking for the ideal candidate to take it to the next level!
The second social enterprise is in the early stages of development. For over 10 years CCSCC has offered Geriatric In-Home Aid classes to help refugees, immigrants, and others to find jobs in the healthcare industry. While the classes are established, we are looking for someone to support student outreach, screening, and subsequently job placement following class completion.
While reporting to the EDS Division Director, the SEPC will ensure efficient operation, coordination and promotion of social enterprise activities. The candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter who has outreach and marketing experience and a desire to advance our mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead community-based outreach efforts with parishes, local businesses, previous donors with the goal of increasing social enterprise awareness and revenue
* Build brand recognition through local experiential marketing
* Assist with the creation of outreach materials such as flyers, postcards, and posters
* Create a digital marketing schedule to be used on CCSCC’s social media platforms
* Coordinate vehicle donation and pick up between donor and contractor
* Compile and maintain accurate donation records including tax documentation, DMV records, receipts, and financials
* Lead effort to recruit students for the GHA class and match will local employment opportunities, this includes setting up interview times, background checks and TB testing
* Manage database and information in internal tools/systems
* Maintain good working relationships with staff, clients, support networks, and partners.
* Maintain a professional attitude and appearance as a Catholic Charities representative
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of two years of experience with business administration, marketing, customer service or sales
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills and demonstrated problem solving capabilities
* A demonstrated track record of online and offline community outreach
* Very strong writing skills, with experience in editorial, copywriting, or content strategy
* Detail oriented and ability to manage multiple projects at once
* Experience with social media content development a plus
* Some event planning experience a plus
* Excellent cross-cultural experience and ability to work well with diverse populations.
* Automobile and valid CA driver’s license
* Auto liability coverage according to agency requirements
* This is a part-time benefitted position working predominantly morning to midday and 4 days/week.
Light travel within Santa Clara County. Travel time and mileage are reimbursed.