Temporary Case Manager - Older Adult FSP (2019-37)
Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: Temporary Full Time
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: Provides case management/brokerage integrated mental health treatment for older adults to access medical, educational, social, prevocational/vocational, rehabilitative or other needed community services for eligible individuals. Provides basic social services and rehabilitation of the individual clients participating in the program. Works with peer/family mentors to assist the clients in their recovery and management of chronic mental illness, substance use and other chronic disorders. Does outreach, education and engagement activities to the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Manages a caseload of up to 15 seriously mentally ill older adult clients with co-occurring disorders, e.g. mental health, substance use, gambling addiction, and chronic physical health problems.
* Coordinates services with psychiatrist, team members, primary care and specialist physicians, legal representatives/guardians, County Department of Behavioral Health (Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol) staff, and other community services/organizations to assure the individual’s access to services and the service delivery system.
* Assists clients with linkage/referral for issues re: transportation, obtaining housing, health care, and other required/necessary community supports.
* Provides program mental health services to include: intake and continuing assessments, Individual/Group rehabilitation, treatment/transition plan development, crisis intervention services.
* Conducts outreach activities to identify potential clients in community locations, e.g. churches, senior centers, community gathering locations.
* Assists clients in completing applications for services, assistance, ID cards, etc.
* Connects clients with supportive organizations to assist the clients and their families.
* Documents all activities according to program/agency/funder requirements.
* Participates in program audits.
* Participates in program/agency/funder meetings/trainings.
* Other responsibilities as assigned to support specific department/business needs
Required education and experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in nursing, social work, human services, counseling or other behavioral science and two years experience in the field with mental health and or addicted individuals.
* Ability to work with diverse populations.
* Computer skills, Windows, Microsoft Office, Web-based applications, Unicare, etc.
* Good oral and written English skills.
* Experience in working with older adults.
* Culturally proficient communication skills.
* Experience with County Mental Health Rehab Option MediCal documentation preferred
* Experience working with Electronic Health Records preferred
* Able to work both independently and as a team member
* Ability to lift 25 pounds
* Valid California driver’s license and personal automobile
* Liability insurance according to agency requirements
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.