the caritas society
The Caritas Society was founded in 1985 by Bishop Pierre DuMaine to provide significant financial support for the ongoing work of Catholic Charities in Santa Clara County. Caritas, a Latin word meaning “charity,” was chosen to acknowledge the generosity of individuals who annually contribute gifts between $1,000 and $50,000.
Each year, donations from Caritas Society members represent more than 79% of all individual giving. This support provides services that strengthen families and build economic self-sufficiency, including housing services, employment services, financial education, immigration legal services, refugee resettlement, older adult services, mental health counseling, youth and family services, and education.
Catholic Charities extends its sincere thanks to Caritas Society members for their leadership and deep compassion for those we serve.
- Circle of Love: $1,000 - $1,499
- Circle of Justice: $1,500 - $2,499
- Circle of Sharing: $2,500 - $4,999
- Circle of Mercy: $5,000 - $9,999
- Circle of Compassion: $10,000 - $24,999
- Circle of Blessing: $25,000 - $49,999
- Matthew 25 Circle: $50,000 +
- Invitations to exclusive Caritas Society events, including our annual Mass and Celebration
- Networking opportunities
- Special opportunities to tour Catholic Charities’ program sites
- Tri-monthly newsletter
- Recognition in Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County Annual Report to the Community
If you would like information about how to join, please contact Alison Poetsch, Individual Giving Manager 408-325-5288, or donate online.